Saturday, June 23, 2007

June 22 Edinburgh, Scotland

I took this picture so you could see the kilted young men, there were quite a few of them wandering around. In the background you can see Arthur's Seat, behind the crag in front, the sky had started to clear a little by then, but it still wasn't what you would call SUNNY.

Just a veiw of a the beginning of the Royal Mile, from the Castle end.
The above picture is where we got off the bus and back on again at the end of the day. Below is one of the two statues at the first entrance to the castle, with a statue of Robert The Bruce, and on the other side was one of William Wallace. There is a huge parade ground and bus tour entrance in front of the castle, so what you see in the third picture is what we saw.



We took a bus tour after walking half of the mile, and had a very entertaining tour guide. The Holyrood palace was closed because something important was going on there, but we don't know what. The above is a monument to Sir Walter Scott, and we also visited a museum to him, Robert Burns and Robert Louis Stevenson. Altogether a full day, and Mom's feet were not doing well, so she was glad to get on the bus. She has been very happy with her knees and hips, and this was the first bad time she had. She blames it all on her shoes. Brian went to the local pub last night and enjoyed the local atmosphere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope someone is rubbing Mom's feet in my absence!

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to tell you that Sassy & I have made friends..... sort of. When I first get there we play a version of hide and seek. Once I locate her (which isn't hard from her yelling at me) and "rescue" her we sit and snuggle together. But oh no, if I ever need to get up and go anywhere -- she has to go and hide again and we start all over. She couldn't be cuter. I just wish I could take her home with me. We both miss you. K