Saturday, June 16, 2007

June 16, 2007 in Frome




Frome, pronounced Frume is a lovely town and we are staying right outside in a wonderful spot. I will be uploading photos in the next few days, but till then I will give you a running report. Friday we arrived at the airport on time, then spent 45 minutes in the passport checking line, but found Brian as soon as we picked up our luggage. We rented a car through Enterprise and ended up with a Mercedes that Brian is loving to Drive.


We drove to St Peters in West Molesy to find the tomb of Admiral Berkeley. We found he was actually buried in a tomb beneath the church, but got pictures of Brian in front of the memorial plaque.




  1. We then drove down to Salisbury and saw the wonderful Cathedral and once again took many pictures.
  2. Mom and Brian on the bridge.







  3. From there we drove out over the plains to STONEHENGE. What a great stop.




  4. We then proceded to find our cottage and went to bed at 9.


Saturday-





Mom and I woke up to breakfast in bed, served by my wonderful little brother, Brian.



  1. We left early and drove to Wales, to the capital of Cardiff. We spent some time in Cardiff castle.






  2. We then drove east to Caerleon roman ruins and saw the Ampitheater and museum and had lunch at the Priory where Brian loved the Creme Brulee.




    We then drove on to Berkeley Castle where Brian helped the docent on the tour.







  3. Home again, driving through the Cotswolds.I know this is very brief, but I am using the computer in my hosts home and they are expecting guests soon.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so exciting!! I love experiencing this with you all and cannot WAIT to see the pictures!
That Brian is a real keeper....breakfast in bed???

Thanks for the update!
Anne

Anonymous said...

I don't think my first comment went through...
Just in case, I was saying how really exciting this is for us stateside people. I cannot wait to see pictures! How very surprising that the first site you went to see was the tomb of a famous military man :) I'll bet it's absolutely gorgeous there! I'm not very jealous!

Thanks for the update,
Anne

Anonymous said...

Stonehenge is really just "a big pile of rocks, isn't it?!" (or so a barmaid in Stratford-upon-Avon told us...) Hope you're enjoying the food -just stay away from the Brown Sauce!